Thursday 23 October 2008

Wedding bells are ringing, it’s your special day - how would you feel if another girl was wearing the same dress?


MOST girls have been dreaming of their wedding right down to their bridal outfit since they were little.

Lisa Goodhew and Emma Johal - who had never met - were no different.

Both were planning their marriages for over a year and both had bought their wedding dresses many months before the ceremony.

So as they stood on the lawn at the Bickley Manor Hotel, Thornet Wood Road, Bickley, they were more than a little surprised.

Lisa, whose maiden name is Tanner, said: “I was in total shock. I have always dreamed of wearing a big white dress.

“At first I didn’t like it - how could this happen?”

Emma, born Higgins, said: “What made me laugh is that I had two friends who were arguing the week before the wedding because they wanted to wear the same dress.

“They went in different ones in the end.

“Instead I was the one person who was meant to be wearing a special dress, and someone else was wearing it!”

Solicitor’s firm operations manager Emma had just tied the knot with partner of eight years, 31-year-old IT analyst Sukhdeep, at the hotel at 2.30pm.

The 26-year-old bride had then gone outside to have photos taken with her family, when she looked through the window of the hotel to watch another bride sign the registry book.

Emma, who lives in Swanley, said: “I started to say ‘That’s my dress! That’s my dress!’ over and over.”

Lisa, of River Park Gardens, Shortlands, didn’t find out until after getting hitched to 29-year-old Brad, a marine insurance surveyor.

She said: ”I couldn’t believe it when people were saying to me the other bride had the same dress.

“You wouldn’t ever dream of that happening. But it all worked out fine.”

Emma said: “Some people might have found it upsetting but we found it hilarious.”

Click here to read the entire article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have anything to worry about because the other girl wouldn't be breathing...yeah DEAD! Seriously, I would just die.

Does anyone know about a good bridal lingerie site that has sexy lingerie? I found one I liked at http://www.DreamDollLingerie.com but I was wondering if anyone has purchased something from there.

Thanks in advance for the help.